You must log in or register to post. Registration is free! [ Register ]

The Recording Project Forum Index -> DAW Software

FAQ Search Photo Album!
 Avid - digi 003 owners / potential buyers, beware of protool
View previous topic :: View next topic 
nekkio99 Offline

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:31 pm    Post subject: digi 003 owners / potential buyers, beware of protools 9 Reply with quote

If you are thinking of buying a digi 003 and using it with protools 9 or 8, I strongly suggest you don't. Please see

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=291521

This issue has been ongoing for 6 months (the digi 003 control surface freezes and become unusable) and NOTHING has been done about it by AVID.

With protools 8 you will be ok as far as you don't install the cs3 update (which introduces the issue). The 003 does simply not work with protools 9

Dozens of digi003 owners have been let down by Avid, don't risk being one of them! It is a black shame
nekkio99 Offline

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS forgot to say: windows only having trouble, macs are not affetced.

however this is useful info for everyine investing in avid gear: do you want to rely on a company that will let down their customers in such way?

Truly out of order. That is why I want to let as many people as possible know. It is not simple revenge: I want to show AVId that if they keep treating their customers with such contempt it will backfire big time.

I love protools, and i want to save it from this careless company that has taken over it: Avid
Quick Reply      
Use this form to post a quick reply without having to go through the normal reply process.    

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Recording Project Forum Index -> DAW Software All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: