You must log in or register to post. Registration is free! [ Register ]

The Recording Project Forum Index -> RP Special Events

FAQ Search Photo Album!
 It's that time of year again...Daffest anyone?
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Doug H Offline
Giant Member

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I decide to tune up my guitar, simething inside sounds like it's loose, needs new strings etc...

I redo a bunch of wiring inside, actually ground the shielding. Whenever I take it apart I've been sanding down the nut just a touch, even though guitar feels good, thought maybe there was still some room to go.

Put her back together and nut is too low. So I figure I'll just work a couple fretts a bit (this is a hobby neck really), I change a couple saddle heights, sand a few fretts, remove the winding from the new d string in the process, fast forward half an hour and I can't get two strings to play in tune together for more than 3 fretts on the neck...fucking hell

Finally seem to have it back on track, vbasically had to redress the entire bass side of the frett board... groan. ON the bright side I did tighten up some of the other problems it had been developing.
dispelled_myths Offline
Can't speel Title

Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okee doke...as it turns out, I'm in Sarnia, ON for work up until Friday afternoon so will be out late afternoon early evening on Friday (if that's okay, Kim/Rats).

Ratso, I will bring keyboard, a mic and stand but will need a keyboard stand...anything else I should bring (not a lot of stuff here recording wise...but...)

rats Offline

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man that was a really fantastic weekend. Simon, Doug, Pat and Dave you guys rock. Alyssa was ecstatic about her new drum set, and Simon you impress the crap out of me. Dave, Doug, you guys rock. Pat, it was nice to meet and jam with you!

Kim was of course teary eyed at the end, very appreciative of the donation (which she insists we didn't have to do). Although I would have liked to have had more time to hang out with the guys and be a guy, It was really nice to be a dad and around you guys. Thanks for letting the kids play around a little with the gear, that was a big thrill for them.

I hope you guys had a good time.

Peace
C

The user name and fictional online character rats, rats words in the form of posts to this bbs, and media rats posts to this bbs in all forms are the intellectual property of this user and may not be copied, quoted, covered, slandered, mentioned, used, or otherwise manipulated without the expressed permission of this user. All rights reserved...
Žatsco inc.
2lim Offline

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it is time to chime in here too! I had a wionderful time! It was kinda fun to have thge "Canadian Invasion" this year. As always good to see the crew. This year I really enjoyed the "family side" of the event. Nothing like having kids climbing all over your friend Pat at 830am while laughing your ass off!

I am also looking forward to having a new drummer(alyssa) at next years fest, as my chops are kinda lacking these days.

Simon
dafs_daughter Offline

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mom sends a huge thank-you to everyone that came. She's already thinking of the menu for next year.

Mr. Rats, as always, it was great having you and the wifey and girls there. thanks again to Racheal for helping to keep an eye on all the kids - i think at one point they out numbered the adults. can't wait to see you guys again.

Doug - thanks for not attempting to fall in the fire this year - it was good to be able to leave the "mom" hat inside once i got the kids to bed.

Dave - thanks so much for your appearance on the keys, and your patience with the kids wanting to play with them.

last but not least Simon - Alyssa thinks your the greatest. she actually got teary eyed and said this was the best daffest ever. you never cease to amaze everyone, and now we never have to wonder who will bring the kit next time. i will have your case of beer on ice when you get there next year. thanks for bringing Pat - the kids enjoyed using him as an inside jungle-gym, and on the same note tell pat i'm sorry for any bumps or bruises he ended up with from any of them. you've got a group of awesome guys you bring, too bad they only make it once, never to return.

last but not least, to those that couldn't make it - same time same place next year. i will return to the boards to post next years event in january or february, i may pop in here and there before that, but you will definitely be seeing something from me then.
dobro Offline
more personal tittle

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pics of all you ne'er-do-wells?

Smile

2lim Offline

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just need to chime in here, and say that Dough and Dave are both responsible in part for the drum kit too!

Simon
dafs_daughter Offline

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, i will have a case on ice for each of you...my apologies
Doug H Offline
Giant Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see everyone again. Lot's a little ones jamming too this year, we'll need a second stage soon Smile
Doug H Offline
Giant Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"and maybe you should sleep"
Quick Reply      
Use this form to post a quick reply without having to go through the normal reply process.    

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Recording Project Forum Index -> RP Special Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: