FAQ Search Photo Album!
 Full Circle Ducfest - Memorial Day Weekend 2009
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
dispelled_myths Offline
Can't speel Title

Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's some pics...I'll put up some more as I can...
dispelled_myths Offline
Can't speel Title

Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And some more...
dispelled_myths Offline
Can't speel Title

Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And some more...
dispelled_myths Offline
Can't speel Title

Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll tryadding some more later...

All told...great weekend, and so glad I got to be there for it.

Highlights? Tons...including simon and Colin's jam sessions, Dougy just ripping out solo after solo, playing Angel From Montgomery with Mrs Skulpter and well, nekkid hottubs are just a good and decent thing that all need to experience.

The music was great, had a chance to play along with some fantastic jams...

Kim, thank you SO much for your wonderful hospitality and your family's marvellous patience to put up with us all again.

2lim Offline

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I have showered and napped now, so I can post something more useful.

First thank you SO MUCH to Kim and the family for putting up with us, putting us up, and generally just being the nicest people I know.

I had a blast, I always enjoy being in the presence of this kind of talent, it is really amazing.

The campfire jams were def. on the top of my list for flat out awesomeness this year, and, well if Kgirl is reading, then you will be glad to know that Dough has more than filled your shoes as 1st night drunk.

I will get colin's photos posted up here as soon as we can unload the car, and I am looking forward to betty's pics, Rats pics, more of dave's pics and the Skulpter crew's recordings.

Simon
joro Offline

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumb Up
billy_awesome Offline

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, Colin here.

First off I want to thank Kim and your family for having us, great family atmosphere and delicious food!

I had an awesome time and played with some really talented musicians, can't wait to hear the recordings!

I didn't take many pics, too busy drinking and playing I guess, enjoy! and hopefully I will see you all again next year!

ps. If anyone wants these photo's in high res just PM me.

Doug H Offline
Giant Member

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again Kim and family, another great weekend.

Thanks Betty and Jay for tenting me so I could let my hair down (figuretively speaking) and do a bit of drinking.

Lot's of great jams. Things worked out real well from Rats foriging through the basement for a PA to Betty and Jay showing up with a drum kit, and everyone else and their gear, we had it all covered.

Martinis by the campfire rocked. I'm not sure the sour cicilians on Friday night were such a good idea tho lol.

So I got searched at the border ! usually it's like, where you live dude? Ottawa, been jamming? Yep, righteous, have a good day! This time the guy is asking me 65 questions, he get's to "do you have any firearms blah blah blah..." and I'm like ...heh, no...hands me the paper, you have been selected for random search...random my ass, still had a bit too much of the party spirit in me I guess. Took 2 minutes, they found a 20 under the seat.
soulmusic Offline

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kim and Family, love you guys so much and thank you all for showing us all a wonderful time again this year. SO many awesome happenings and just one straight thru incredible time this weekend.

Food was off the hook, as was everything else. The talented musicians and future musicians rocked the house.

I got a ton of pics, gonna take me a little while to get them all up.

My little bro is hooked, loved everyone and the incredible time spent.

Everyone should do nekked hot time- liberating huh? Wink Laughing

I am wore out and beat tired. Hell of a time. I was in bed on the couch last night I guess around 830pm Laughing slept thru all the last night of madness Wink

Skulpter and Mrs Skulpter- I am for sure gonna make it a point to come out and spend some time with you guys Smile Damn you go girl Wink You too Simon and Colin- Damn you guys rock.

Doug- Smile wait till you see the pics I got of you passed out inbetween our sleeping bags Wink

Dispelled- Thanks for the awesome time, you tore up some major ass on the keys. Wink

Everyone was just awesome.

Ratsy and Rachel- just love you two. Jay and I will be up for some BBQing.
soulmusic Offline

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things I learned about camping......... Mr. Green

drum roll.........

1.dont ever go jogging on a hangover in little boy shorts, cause major chafing Shocked (damn Mrs Skulpter ran circles around me) and the chlorine(sp) in the tub will burn said chafing-

worth it? HELL YES Mr. Green

2. bring more clothes

3. massive gas inducing activities make for a major Laughing pain in the ass, farting is still funny no matter what.

4. Doug can out drink himself several times a day Razz

5. I am the postor child for smoking adds

6. Recording equiptment catches everything

There are just to many sig lines from this weekend for me to remember.
dafs_daughter Offline

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mom and i want to say a huge thank-you to those that made it out this year. It was awesome. the first camp fire I attended in 4 years, and was glad to hear people might be planning on this again next year So I can do it again. Mom really enjoys this, and really hopes that there will be future years to come. She was happier this weekend than I have seen her in a while. It was good.

For those that could not attend - you missed a wonderful time with some wonderful people. But the good news is, for those who want to come, it looks like an annual thing.

My own personal notes-
Dough - sorry for trying to ruin your fun.
Simon - thanks so much for spending time with Alyssa on the drums, that was great - and I will be totally looking forward to next years for another one of your drinks.
Mr & Mrs Skulpter thanks for bring Chase and sticking around for my burgers.
Rats and wifey - thanks for all you did to help with this. I want to know once baby Ratsy comes.
Colin - sorry if my directions were a little vague (I saw you guys pass up the expressway after the gas station)
Missy - next year I'm on board for the G-rated time in the hottub. Thanks lady for everything.

To anyone i may have forgotten, thanks for being there and making Mom smile, it really makes her day knowing that Dad was special to all of you Surprised)
2lim Offline

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We only passed the expressway cause colin was sick, and proceeded to decorate the carpool lot with his stomach contents. I drove from there.... we made it home with zero further issues.

Simon
billy_awesome Offline

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2lim wrote:
We only passed the expressway cause colin was sick, and proceeded to decorate the carpool lot with his stomach contents. I drove from there.... we made it home with zero further issues.

Simon

My secret it out........

missy, we need more pics!! Smile
Doug H Offline
Giant Member

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I was threatening to become the second person to fall into the fire.

I would have been harder to pull out than KGirl. Embarassed
soulmusic Offline

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jess, I just love ya lady and was so glad we decided to stay the extra night! Totally cant wait for next year. And I am holding you too G hot tub time Wink I didnt want to leave. I didnt want to stop hugging all of you expecially your Mom, it is an honor to be a part of your family. We will do everything we can to keep Daf Fest going. Jay and I are going to come back up this summer, Ill call and we can work it out, just to spend some time with you guys. I wont let another year go by before we see eachother again.

Colin- working on it Wink I got some incredible shots. I have to download to one computer then email them to this one Embarassed
It will take me a few to get this done.
skulpter Offline
Giant Member

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"DON'T BREAK THE MENISCUS!"

Heehee. We're in Kentucky outside Cincinnati -- Christian, you were so right. We did the Newport Aquarium + dinner = terrific family experience.

Whoowee, what a weekend. Could not have been more perfect, well, unless Kgirl, Charva, Joro, et al could've made it. Kim, thank you, thank you, thank you. We love you, and appreciate you and Jess and all your family so much for making us feel welcome, and putting up with our drunken silliness all weekend.

To all my fellow Ducfest attendees, I miss you already, and we're already making plans for next year. You guys are more than friends. Like family, but much more fun to hot tub with...

I'll write more later, and I'm sure Elise will want to add something. I'll also put up any decent audio I can sift out, but for now, a few pics.

Love you guys.

Ken

Buck62 Offline

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAMMIT!!!

I ddn't know this was happening until Missy posted about it at A & A this evening.

I am SOOOOOOO THERE if Kim and the family can do this again next year!!!

I even have a REAL trailer now!!!.... 28 feet long!!!!

And my kids are bigger and can come with me!!!

I miss all you folks and miss the great jams.

Holy CRAP!!!... Somebody track my dumb ass down before this thing goes down again next year and make sure I don't forget to make plans to be there!!!

Kim and family... you folks are the most awesomest, sweetest people ever!! Smile
skulpter Offline
Giant Member

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Few more...

Last edited by skulpter on Tue May 26, 2009 1:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
seanmorse Offline
Giant Member

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the first one I missed Sad ...had a family emergency I had to deal with. I'm highly bummed. Looks like another great fest though. Thankfully, I can attend vicariously through pics and (hopefully) audio.
2lim Offline

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is David T for the record, although I wish DavidK had made it to. Of course if David K were there, I may not have had my poor bass'in skills shown up quite so badly! Sean, we missed ya, and your son, I had to play drums much more than anyone should have been subjected to, although Alyssa did take over for a while!

To those that said they would come up to the great whit north, I am holding you to it! I have extra space for sleeping and extra beer for drinking.

Simon
skulpter Offline
Giant Member

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bad, David T, of course. Wink Embarassed

Sean, we missed you and your kids for sure. Missy's bro, Jay, did a bang up job helping out the little ones with their fishing skillz in CJ's stead.

Hope to see you next year!

Ken

soulmusic Offline

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will be up there Simon. Sounds like just too much fun Smile
kgirl72 Offline
DafDuckling

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug H wrote:
Sorry I was threatening to become the second person to fall into the fire.

I would have been harder to pull out than KGirl. Embarassed

Haha! Great pics everyone, have to mull through the rest of this thread, because I know I missed a lot of this yet. But I'm glad all had fun. I had a boring weekend, would have MUCH rather spent it with you all.

If there IS another one, this time I'm IN. Money won't be a problem this time next year, as we won't be purchasing a home, lol.

Love you all! I can't believe people got in that tub naked. I'm WAAAAAY too modest for that! I think I would have packed a suit. LOL. Or forgot it altogether, that sounds like me.

After I peruse this thread, I'm going to go see if there are any recordings or videos.

It just makes me sick I couldn't be there.

Doug the beautiful thing about falling in the fire, is that you're so drunk when it happens, you'll never even know, haha. At least I sure was!
Ciao all,
Kirstin

www.youtube.com/kf10126
kgirl72 Offline
DafDuckling

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2lim wrote:
Happy b-day to us Kgirl.... we both turn 26 right?

Joro, I will bring you a funny t-shirt if you show up. It may be a bit small, but I am sure it will only make it funnier.

K- you got about 26 hour till I get to ducfest.... I suggest you hop in the car and haul ass, it an be a race!

Canadian Dave.... I got a few bags if delicious home made(by mom) cookies to go with late night sammiches. I am PSYCHED.

Simon

Sorry I totally spaced our matching birthdays! I WISH I was still 26. Babe, I'm pushin' 40. But I still look good, lol! I caught you on facebook too, I think. Or myspace or one of those silly sites.

So, again, happy belated birthday!
Kirstin

www.youtube.com/kf10126
Jennifah Offline

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you all had a great time!! Miss you all.
Quick Reply      
Use this form to post a quick reply without having to go through the normal reply process.    

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Recording Project Forum Index -> RP Special Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Jump to: