FAQ Search Photo Album!
 Full Circle Ducfest - Memorial Day Weekend 2009
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Doug H Offline
Giant Member

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgirl72 wrote:

I can't believe people got in that tub naked...

that's nekid, n...e...k...i...d, nekid
skulpter Offline
Giant Member

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, there's a difference...
soulmusic Offline

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes a huge difference. Smile liberating and beautiful all around, freeing of the things that make us different and really tighten our bonds as friends and fellow humans, so freeing. True beauty of the persons.

Now that I have had sleep, and finally a really long shower and good shave-lol last time I shaved well was thursday Laughing I am ready to post some deep thoughts.

I want to really give my utmost respect and love to our group we have built, Kim and Daf's family are just amazing people as are everyone in our music family we have all built. We all go thru lifes ups and downs together. I guess the really only way to put it is birds of a feather, also missed everyone that could not attend. I cant really tell everyone just how much you all mean to me.

The time spent with all the youngins is just priceless as well. God they all are growing so quickly. My little bro Jay loved his first fest, he is hooked too. Thank everyone for everything.

I Love ya all
rats Offline

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic weekend. I cant express how glad I am this happened and impressed by everyone and their individual contributions. Just a really nice vibe, never a boring moment, great weather, great food, beautiful scenery and greenery, the ducks, the frogs, smell of campfire and dew, lots and lots of laughter, talent on the instruments, beautiful vibrant children playing and learning, hugs and kisses, smiles, the food quality was unprecedented (holy crap), and I got to jam lots of Ween with Ken and Elise!

I have to admit though it was a relief to get a PA system set up, it was looking grim for a while! Thanks Doug Dave and Simon for helping make it happen! Missy coming through with the drums was huge, we had a great set up that was perfect for our group. Kids getting drum lessons was a really nice bonus. Christian's friend (Mike?) was thrilled on Sunday to find a drum set. He was a fantastic drummer who hasnt played in a few years after losing his kit.

Doug was the voice of the party, who has two speeds, fifth and neutral. I felt like this was the first year getting to know you buddy, and its a pleasure. Enjoyed our trip to the party store and the jams. You had me in stitches Sunday morning from your dawn of the dead march out from the tent two hours after you passed out through the bailey's breakfast through to eventual pass out. Sorry you missed the trip to the cemetary.

Im so friggin glad Dismyt Dave made it out. I always love the songs he whips out and he holds down the key corner incredibly. Thats a tough place to be in absence of daf but Dave bore the flag like a soldier and the great duc would be proud. Dave I understand what you're going through and I think you probably got some good magic out of the weekend yourself. Your presence and all you do is greatly appreciated. We never did have that chuck-o game, did we? Next time your ass is mine.

Simon was awesome as usual. What a great musician with a personality to match it. Colin (Billy Awesome I presume?) was a great addition to the group too and I hope you come back. Our closing set Saturday was a lot of fun for me so thanks guys. Fight for Your Right to Party still echoes through the woods of Emmett I'm sure.

Betty Betty Betty!!!! Wow! I have to say I think I like the new Betty even more than the old Betty which I didnt think was possible. First to arrive and last to leave, spreading your betty love far and wide. You are such a special person, and Im glad I know you. Jay was great too. Lookng forward to having you guys over this summer!

I hope the the fest was worth the 10 hour drive for Ken Elise and chase because they made it for me. I really love you guys. That was sweet that you guys had time to stop by Sunday for beer and pizza and chill a bit. Im looking forward to our next visit. Maybe we'll make it out there before you get back!

The whole Ricketts family is great, they really spoiled us. I thank you all. Will be back soon.

There were a lot of faces I missed seeing, Sean and co, Rwhitey, and whats up with Darren (consul)? Has anyone heard from him?

Great pics - keep em coming!
Looking forward to some tracks too!

The user name and fictional online character rats, rats words in the form of posts to this bbs, and media rats posts to this bbs in all forms are the intellectual property of this user and may not be copied, quoted, covered, slandered, mentioned, used, or otherwise manipulated without the expressed permission of this user. All rights reserved...
Žatsco inc.
dafs_daughter Offline

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that was the reason for the detour Colin.
I'm taking the pic of Alyssa on drums and gonna print it off and hang it in the cubicle right next to the one of dad on the accordion, thanks DM for putting that up. Alyssa made me spend about 10 minutes scrolling back and forth between the two pics that have her in them, so if anyone has anymore, I'm sure she'd love to see them too.

Thanks again to everyone for making us feel like family.
skulpter Offline
Giant Member

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elise here- never liked calling myself Mrs. anything like I don't have my own identity but that's just my good solid feminist upbringing! K-girl- I always thought I was too modest for nekkid hot-tubbing but my new sister Betty taught me otherwise. What a great time!!
I marvel at the path my life has taken since I met Ken! You all are so good for my soul- I feel truly blessed to share this time with you making music, laughing hysterically- that's what life is all about.
Doug- I truly do hope your feet didn't get charred- thanks for the endless supply of catch phrases that will live on in infamy!
Simon you have tremendous talent and a huge sense of fun- you and Colin brought such a positive energy to the weekend- thank you.
Dave- Dispelled Myths- I hold you in the light and send you good energy and hope for your Dad. I love singing with you almost as much as I love hearing you solo- your rendition of Allelujah needs recording bro!
Christian and Rachel- I am amazed at how much we have in common. I know we have found life long friends in you both. What a lucky baby to be born into such love.
Missy - I knew after meeting you within minutes we would be sisters in spirit and that you would teach me valuable things- I was right. I appreciate your spontaneity, your sweetness, sincerity and general all around bad-assness! You rock girl!
Jay- your quiet wisdom and contemplation are your gifts from the Universe- great to be around and wonderful for teaching others.
To Kim, Debbie, Jessica, Jennifer, Chris and your whole family- you have my endless gratitude for putting up with us all! Your hospitality is tremendous! I loved, loved, loved playing volleyball with you- hilarious! Thank you and God bless you all.
Life is beautiful and fleeting- good health to all.
Namaste`
EJ

soulmusic Offline

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Choked up rite now, will post more later. Just love you guys!

Dave, thoughts and positive light still comming from me to you and your family.
Treeline Offline
Giant Member

Location: The smoke filled back room where it all really happens

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow - I'm wishing I could have been there. It's reminding me of the first jamfests where I wondered what in the world happened to make a few days end up being so powerful. Kudos to you all!

More pics!

Thumb Up Need more pics!

Betty, you get an extra hug.

HERE THERE BE MOOSIC
soulmusic Offline

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a few incredible shots of Alyssa on the drums too, I will do my best to get them all up by tomorrow night.

have tons of pics of all the kids on drums, fishing, volley ball, hacking, the frog, all kinds of shots, jamming - Man I take alot of pics. Laughing

Tree- the magic lives on and on, cant explain it, one could not if one tried their best.
dafs_daughter Offline

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, I'll keep my eyes open.
RWhite Offline
Giant Member

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so glad everything was a success. Just hearing that Kim enjoyed herself was the best news to be read. And Rats - those pics of you say it all, you are a man who knows how to have fun!

I'm looking forward to being there next year. Although I wont be getting into any hot tubs until I can get rid of this alien space-baby that has grown underneath my abdomen. Laughing

My own trip to CA was mostly a blast. Flew into the SF Bay area, traveled to Chico to see me nephew graduate college. Spent Sunday in Sacremento, a pleasant town indeed. I did manage to catch some nasty bug on my last day, I dropped enough bombs in the airplane toilet that I thought I would be arrested as a terrorist. But I'm back to 100% now.

And I swear I am going to find the ultimate Chuck-O set before the summer is out. I'm gunning for you Rats!

MORE PICS!
soulmusic Offline

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patience grasshopper, patience. Working on it Smile
dafs_daughter Offline

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

soulmusic wrote:
patience grasshopper, patience. Working on it Smile

sorry, this grasshopper has no patience. Razz
skulpter Offline
Giant Member

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see, I think we have a couple more good ones, including one of Alyssa and Alex. Enjoy!

Ken

skulpter Offline
Giant Member

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've started an audio thread in the LR. Dig it!

http://www.recordingproject.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?p=521030#521030

K

rats Offline

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are some great pics!!!!
The user name and fictional online character rats, rats words in the form of posts to this bbs, and media rats posts to this bbs in all forms are the intellectual property of this user and may not be copied, quoted, covered, slandered, mentioned, used, or otherwise manipulated without the expressed permission of this user. All rights reserved...
Žatsco inc.
rats Offline

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only got a few pics on my camera phone but I'll post 'em anyway!!!!
Žatsco inc.
rats Offline

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At that point Ken was trying to figure out if the three hours of music he recorded was lost when the power went down. Thanks Simon for helping restore the session! That was a freakin close one!!!
Žatsco inc.
skulpter Offline
Giant Member

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely! I'm still finding tunes and tidbits of interest. Lots more songs to put up. Some of the best material are the gaps between songs where you can hear several different conversations going on, and trying to figure out who's talking to whom, plus the birds chirping, swings creaking, etc. That's the true cross-section of Ducfest, and a wonderful memoir.

Oh, and that shot of Doug is one for the ages. Awesome! That should be the commemorative poster of the fest. Thanks, buddy!

Ken

Quick Reply      
Use this form to post a quick reply without having to go through the normal reply process.    

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Recording Project Forum Index -> RP Special Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: