You must log in or register to post. Registration is free! [ Register ]

The Recording Project Forum Index -> Sampling / Sequencing / MIDI

FAQ Search Photo Album!
 Looking for the right software
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Dark Emperor Offline

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Looking for the right software Reply with quote

Hello,

With my band, we are combining guitars and drums with electronics. The problem is however, getting that to work on stage. Now I noticed that because of the reliability, most people use a Macintosh-laptop for this. We are willing to invest in a Macbook, but first we need to know what kind of software we would need to play the right samples at the right time (manually).

Can anybody inform me about good and professional software regarding this? I would be very thankfull.

Greetings,
bdgr Offline
Site Admin

MSN Messenger ICQ Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, what are you going to be using the notebook for? I would go with a PC, but there's nothing wrong with a macbook.

Zlurgh concedes that Bdgr rules in the practical world. Zlurgh-

There speaks a man of great wisdom. Bluesmeister-

This man is a pro. the inhabitant-

Bdgr is totally correct. Dobro-

I...concede utter and total victory to bdgr Zlurgh-

In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upward mobile. -Hunter S. Thompson
Dark Emperor Offline

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bdgr wrote:
well, what are you going to be using the notebook for? I would go with a PC, but there's nothing wrong with a macbook.

We need it for samples, intro'a, and electronic parts in the music (especially for live-performance). And the Macintosh has a better reputation for not crashing like Windows tends to do, so thats why I thought we would be better suited with a Macintosh.

The only problem with using a laptop as a instrument is the software, since I don't know of any. Thats why I need to know what is best suited for the stuff that we want to do with it.

I would really appreciate it if somebody helped me out with this.
bdgr Offline
Site Admin

MSN Messenger ICQ Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Emperor wrote:
bdgr wrote:

We need it for samples, intro'a, and electronic parts in the music (especially for live-performance). And the Macintosh has a better reputation for not crashing like Windows tends to do, so thats why I thought we would be better suited with a Macintosh.

The only problem with using a laptop as a instrument is the software, since I don't know of any. Thats why I need to know what is best suited for the stuff that we want to do with it.

Either windows or mac can be pretty crash proof depending on what you run...especially on laptops.

Since you seem to be saying that you will not be using the laptop to control a keyboard, but will be using it as a sound source itself, I'm going to move this to the sampling/sequencing forum and see if they can help you out there.

Zlurgh concedes that Bdgr rules in the practical world. Zlurgh-

There speaks a man of great wisdom. Bluesmeister-

This man is a pro. the inhabitant-

Bdgr is totally correct. Dobro-

I...concede utter and total victory to bdgr Zlurgh-

In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upward mobile. -Hunter S. Thompson
Dark Emperor Offline

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bdgr wrote:
Dark Emperor wrote:
bdgr wrote:

Either windows or mac can be pretty crash proof depending on what you run...especially on laptops.

Since you seem to be saying that you will not be using the laptop to control a keyboard, but will be using it as a sound source itself, I'm going to move this to the sampling/sequencing forum and see if they can help you out there.

Yes both can be good, however I was more concerned about the right software since we are still kind of new to it. I hope somebody can help us out.
Dark Emperor Offline

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still nothing? I really hoped for a usefull responce here since its a recording-forum...
Dark Emperor Offline

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still nothing there so I'll be looking somewhere else. Thanks to bdgr for at least replying to my post, and goodbye to everyone else.
Quick Reply      
Use this form to post a quick reply without having to go through the normal reply process.    

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Recording Project Forum Index -> Sampling / Sequencing / MIDI All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: