You must log in or register to post. Registration is free! [ Register ]

The Recording Project Forum Index -> Effects & Virtual Instruments

FAQ Search Photo Album!
 Drum programming
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Fusion Offline
Amazing Member

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 5:14 am    Post subject: Drum programming Reply with quote

Hi all. At this moment I use an ancient version of DFH which I play through Halion. It sounds okayish (ehm how do I attach a sample outside the Listening Room) but I think these days it can sound *much* better. I know EZDrummer, but I think that's not so flexible as working with separate samples. I also hear it's not GM compatible Shocked Furthermore I think the sounds are compressed already and one cannot switch that off?

I heard about Addictive drums, BFD and a few others. Which ones do people use and are flexible? I don't mind tweaking and programming a little bit extra to get what I want.

For thousands more years the mighty ships tore across the empty wastes of space and finally dived screaming on to the first planet they came across - which happened to be the Earth - where due to a terrible miscalculation of scale the entire battle fleet was accidentally swallowed by a small dog
Spaceman Spliff Offline

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Addictive Drums, and I think they are pretty good. I am just composting something, and for the first time I am using some of their MIDI loops for the drums, rather than step-writing every beat myself. Lots of decent beats, fills, and can be tweaked to sound perfectly natural to an old 'bip bip bip' drum machine. I don't have experience with the other virtual drums out there, but I've never heard a hardware drum machine sound like AD.

Cheers,

Spaceman

Quick Reply      
Use this form to post a quick reply without having to go through the normal reply process.    

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Recording Project Forum Index -> Effects & Virtual Instruments All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: