Musician's Friend Stupid Deal of the Day

You must log in or register to post. Registration is free! [ Register ]

The Recording Project Forum Index -> Stand-Alone Digital Recorders

FAQ Search Photo Album!
 Fostex D2424LV Help!!
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Psychoacoustic Offline

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:39 am    Post subject: Fostex D2424LV Help!! Reply with quote

Good afternoon

This is the coolest forum EVER!! Anyway, can any one help with regards to the difference in operation between the Fostex D2424LV and the D160?

I have worked on a D160 at my previos studios but i am using the D2424LV for a live gig recording witch is aird on tv. So it has to be perfect!!

Just cant seem to get a D2424 manual anywhere.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanx.
skod Offline
RP Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The manual can be downloaded online at http://www.fostexusa.com/support/pdf/fostex/d2424/d2424_reference_manual.pdf (although it may force you to navigate throught their horribly-organized site to actually get it to open- that link doesn't seem to work when you go it directly without clicking through to it...) http://www.fostexusa.com/index.php?file=support/documents does let you in directly, thought, so scroll down to the d2424 documentation if the first doesn't work. All the other doc is there in any case- quickstart guides and whatnot.

I have a pair of D1624s that I use all the time, and they are true workhorses. If you are used to the D160, you'll find the D2424 to be very familiar- but a lot more powerful in terms of editing capabilities...

A couple of folks here have them, so check in and let us know how it goes! The Fostex site also has software updates for the machines: making sure that they are running the latest/greatest is a very good thing to do. http://www.fostexusa.com/index.php?file=support/software_updates

Psychoacoustic Offline

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awsome. Thanx alot skod!!

I'll check it out.
JR#97 Offline
Giant Member

Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If either of you want to part with a d-160/1624, I'm very interested.
skod Offline
RP Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about that, but I'll be keeping both of mine for the foreseeable future. I have one in the road rack for location recording- then I can just pop the disk carrier out and throw it into the studio unit for mix/sweetening. Very convenient, if a little bit overkill. Glad I got 'em when I did, as they don't drift by on Ebay very often. The damned things are bombproof, though, so getting one used wouldn't be an issue.

I'm still tempted to rip mine apart and swap in a Kanguru disk mount for the proprietary Fostex unit, though. They want a lot of money for their disk carriers- but it's just a simple 3.5" removable IDE hard drive carrier. I like having blank disks around that I can just slam in like a reel of tape. As it is, I have 6 or 7 loose IDE drives filled with various projects I've done stacked in the closet- I just can't bring myself to erase and reuse the disks once all that work goes into them... So I just pop the disk out of the carrier and slap a blank in. Overkill!

Quick Reply      
Use this form to post a quick reply without having to go through the normal reply process.    

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Recording Project Forum Index -> Stand-Alone Digital Recorders All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  

Free Shipping on all orders over $99.