You must log in or register to post. Registration is free! [ Register ]

The Recording Project Forum Index -> RP Special Events

FAQ Search Photo Album!
 DUCFEST - MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND 08 - MANDATORY ATTENDENCE
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
rats Offline

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: DUCFEST - MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND 08 - MANDATORY ATTENDENCE Reply with quote

The BIGGEST, BADDEST, FEST OF FESTS is quickly approaching and your attendence is MANDATORY! Yes QQ I stole your quote, and you can get it back when you arrive at the Rickett's Home in Emmett, MI the weekend of May 24 - 26! This Memorial Day we will remember the great Dafduc, and honor his life with jamming, food, drink, and fellowship with the people he loved - you fools!

Bring a tent or a camper to sleep in, or shack up at a motel in the area. Bring a friend, a dog, a lover or spouse, your kid, whoever! Bring something to play and maybe something of a dish to pass around. We will barbecue, campfire, jam and jam some more. Hopefully will have an indoor recording area and an outdoor stage.

Daf has been a committed jamfester since I believe the second HR jamfest in Connetecuit. Since then he's been to every jamfest, voxfest, and when voxxy brown couldn't go on anymore with the voxfest, he picked up the ball and started having it at his house. This man has loved and been dedicated to these things like no other. If you have ever had the honor of playing with this man, you know what I'm talking about.

People will coming from far and wide for this. We hope and encourage you as an RP member or friend of Jays, even just a curious passer-through that is interested in this kind of stuff that would like to meet some cool people, to join us this weekend and make the spirit of Jay just a little louder to echo through the Michigan countryside.

There is no fee, there is no charge, or expectation of anything but to come by and enjoy. If you would like to help, there is a lot that can be done, from monetary contributions to equipment needs for the weekend, to setting up and maintaining sound and tents, cooking, and especially CLEAN UP!

The old-time jamfesters and voxfesters have got to be here, but maybe even moreso got to get out you peeps out that have been around the boards but haven't made the jump from bandwith person to meat person.

If you can make it sign up here!

Your humble Ducfest mismanager,
ratso

The user name and fictional online character rats, rats words in the form of posts to this bbs, and media rats posts to this bbs in all forms are the intellectual property of this user and may not be copied, quoted, covered, slandered, mentioned, used, or otherwise manipulated without the expressed permission of this user. All rights reserved...
Žatsco inc.
VTgreen81 Offline
Giant Member

Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The three of us Becca Morgan and myself are definately planning on it. I can supply a drum kit, a yamaha 12/4 to sub mix the drums, of course mics for the drums, a pair of 12" two ways to use as monitors or mains if the indoor area is smallish. If we need lights I can bring three par 46 cans with a tree and a light bar with 12 lamps. I will also be happy to offer my culinary skills to prepare whatever foods are supplied.

One thing Jay had suggested to Becca after Jamfest 7 in KY was that at the next fest it may be fun to try a set of "Really Bad Songs". I think he may have given her a few titles, next time I talk to her (you know she's living in MA now and I'm still in VT 'til June, right?) I'll find out what they were.

Last edited by VTgreen81 on Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Charva Offline
Giant Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there!!

Smile

dispelled_myths Offline
Can't speel Title

Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be there...I can bring my keyboard, if needed...although i can't imagine the stage without Jay's keys up there...

Can also bring other stuff, if needed...

Betty Rumble Offline

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rats- HUlk and I are clearing the entire weekend to be there. We are bringing our son, who rips up the guitar, and Our oldest Daughter(learning to play guitar, and her boyfriend(rips the hell out of a bass). We can bring up our PA system, or what ever is needed. I plan on being cleaning up crew too. I will make enough chicken salad to feed an army. We wont miss it for the world.

Maybe becca and Dan can squeeze the beezer in with them. Hope everyone can make it up for this. Daf we all love you!!!!

Steph & Daf. Love you both
Betty Rumble Offline

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rats- HUlk and I are clearing the entire weekend to be there. We are bringing our son, who rips up the guitar, and Our oldest Daughter(learning to play guitar, and her boyfriend(rips the hell out of a bass). We can bring up our PA system, or what ever is needed. I plan on being cleaning up crew too. I will make enough chicken salad to feed an army. We wont miss it for the world.

Maybe becca and Dan can squeeze the beezer in with them. Hope everyone can make it up for this. Daf we all love you!!!!

Steph & Daf. Love you both
VTgreen81 Offline
Giant Member

Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Betty Rumble wrote:

I'd love to be the Beezer Squeezer. Yo Matt! Are you still in Greenfield? If so I'd grab you wednesday night about 10:30 and head out from becca's Thursday Morning then hook up with Charva at his place.

rats Offline

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The user name and fictional online character rats, rats words in the form of posts to this bbs, and media rats posts to this bbs in all forms are the intellectual property of this user and may not be copied, quoted, covered, slandered, mentioned, used, or otherwise manipulated without the expressed permission of this user. All rights reserved...
Žatsco inc.
seanmorse Offline
Giant Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't miss it for anything. I have a studio full of stuff if anything else is needed. I'll likely be bringing my kids (16 & 14) who won't forgive me if we don't play "buzz" at the campfire this year (they'd be drinking soda, of course).

Nobody wants anything to do with my culinary skills, but I'll be happy to bring something from the Deli Smile

Also, my house is right by DTW and open for any out-of-towners that would like a place to crash before heading up to Daf's (little less than 2hr drive). I'll probably have room for 2 in the car.

kgirl72 Offline
DafDuckling

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot how to play buzz...I'll have to be taught again! We're going to attempt to find it. I can't forget how the first time, rats had us going in circles trying to get to Daf's place.
www.youtube.com/kf10126
Voxxy Brown Offline
Custom Tittle

MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there with my family and the drum kit. Same plan as before.
Amazing Member

MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a busy time of year for me but I'll try to come.
I wish I could have made it last year. I reluctantly pm'd Daf about coming back then. I really didn't know him. His reply put me at ease right away and made me feel welcome. I guess it's no surprise to most of you here. He was just that kind of person.

Charva Offline
Giant Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VTgreen81 wrote:
Betty Rumble wrote:

I'd love to be the Beezer Squeezer. Yo Matt! Are you still in Greenfield? If so I'd grab you wednesday night about 10:30 and head out from becca's Thursday Morning then hook up with Charva at his place.

Yea Buddy!!

I'm gonna drive the long way around the lake to avoid crossing the border because.....just because Wink

It was 7 hours from here going through Cleveland, Toledo and Detroit.

Dave

kgirl72 Offline
DafDuckling

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's a beezer squeezer? I have about a 13 hour drive!
www.youtube.com/kf10126
VTgreen81 Offline
Giant Member

Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgirl72 wrote:
What's a beezer squeezer? I have about a 13 hour drive!

Oh man I could have a field day coming up with definitions for that, but in this case it's "one who squeezes Matt Lewis, aka beezelbubba into a vehicle for a long but fun filled road trip".

kgirl72 Offline
DafDuckling

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aha. Thank you. LOL.
www.youtube.com/kf10126
JR#97 Offline
Giant Member

Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

who's picking me up?
deadmansrum Offline

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the closet airport to you guys. I'd love to fly out and meet you all.
Consul Offline
Giant Member

AIM Address ICQ Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deadmansrum, You have two options, Flint or Detroit International. If someone can meet you there, I would go for Flint first, as it's easier to get into and out of.

"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic." - Dave Barry
deadmansrum Offline

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How far to Daf's house from Flint ? Renting a car would probably be the best thing to do. I guess a new adventure is in order " Never be afraid to try something new "
Consul Offline
Giant Member

AIM Address ICQ Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Google Maps, it's about a 45-minute drive. That sounds about right.

"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic." - Dave Barry
2lim Offline

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Myself, Myke, maybe my buddy Jason(drummer) and maybe one other will be there.

We will bring our instruments and.... ummmm... joy and smiles to the faces of everyone? Oh yeah, and probably a pile of drinks to pass around the campfire Wink .

If anyone has any suggestions as to what may be good to bring in the sense of food(ie. should I bring a metric ton of hamburgers or something) I am sure that our group can provide in that sense too!

Simon
rats Offline

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JR#97 wrote:
who's picking me up?

Are you flying in to Michigan or hoping someone will pick you up in Salt Lick City?

Žatsco inc.
JR#97 Offline
Giant Member

Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping for the snow ball chance in hell I was on someone's way. barring that, I'm working on the budget and might be able to work something out between trains, planes, and automobiles.
Jennifah Offline

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to be so upset if I can't make this. It is going to be hard, but I am going to try. Frequent flier points are gone so I will have to actually pay *gasp*. If I dont make it you can bet your asses I will be calling.

I'll send over some tim tams and vegemite and all my love.

Sad

Quick Reply      
Use this form to post a quick reply without having to go through the normal reply process.    

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Recording Project Forum Index -> RP Special Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9
Jump to: