You must log in or register to post. Registration is free! [ Register ]

The Recording Project Forum Index -> Signal Processing

FAQ Search Photo Album!
 can some one help with Quadraverb programing
View previous topic :: View next topic 
TKO Ken Offline
Giant Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:32 am    Post subject: can some one help with Quadraverb programing Reply with quote

is there a way to program the Quad. so that the bypass switch will cut the signal before it gets processed and not after? Cutting the input to the unit not the output. When I hit the bypass switch I would like the signal to finish and echo out and not just get cut off.
TKO Ken Offline
Giant Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone???????
this is not a good sign Sad

TKO Ken Offline
Giant Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello........ is this thing on? Laughing
soundchaser59 Offline
Giant Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, the bypass on the QV is hard wired, cant be programmed for pre or post DSP.

You may be able to find some other programmable parameter that you can control with midi (if that is an option for you). If you are using a remote footswitch, then you are out of luck.

Sorry I cant help you better, but I just sold my QV a few days ago, manual and all.

TKO Ken Offline
Giant Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRAP!!! that's what I was afraid of.....
I guess I'll have to pick up somerthing else then,
Thanks for the helping hand soundchaser59

TKO Ken Offline
Giant Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

soundchaser59 wrote:
Sorry, the bypass on the QV is hard wired, cant be programmed for pre or post DSP.

You may be able to find some other programmable parameter that you can control with midi (if that is an option for you). If you are using a remote footswitch, then you are out of luck.

Sorry I cant help you better, but I just sold my QV a few days ago, manual and all.

I wonder if there is a mod?
I'd kinda like to find out before I crack this thing open and have at it Rolling Eyes

soundchaser59 Offline
Giant Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TKO Ken wrote:
I wonder if there is a mod?
I'd kinda like to find out before I crack this thing open and have at it Rolling Eyes

I cant find any. It would have to involve a link between the hard footswitch and the soft/firm DPS system. Probably not that easy to do unless you can program your own chips.

What you need is to bypass the unit externally......dont use the QV bypass function, but have a footswitch that lets you use the QV as an aux loop. Switch it on the QV blends in, switch it off and the signal is no longer fed to the QV but goes straight to the amp. That way the QV would finish whatever it was doing, echo or whatever, even after you switch back to your straight amp in channel.....

hard to explain, easy to imagine. Very Happy

TKO Ken Offline
Giant Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya know, I hadn't thought of that!!!! excelent idea!
I was thinking of installing a new jack for the bypass which would cut off the signal in and send it straight to the mono out when switched. Using a 9volt solid state relay for the switching.

TKO Ken Offline
Giant Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well problem solved!!!!!

I have a Digitech XDD digital delay in my pedal board. I installed a 1/4' jack in the side of it and wired to the foot switch on the board. Now I'm able to plug in a remote foot switch, and it works perfectly. I just have to move it to the efx loop on the mixer for my vocals when I need it. Then reset it for my guitar and toss it back in my efx chain. Which is no big deal since we're just a duo. Very cool!!!
Too bad I went and bought a Quadraverb for nothing but, live and learn.

almostfamous Offline
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: can some one help with Quadraverb programing Reply with quote

TKO Ken wrote:
is there a way to program the Quad. so that the bypass switch will cut the signal before it gets processed and not after? Cutting the input to the unit not the output. When I hit the bypass switch I would like the signal to finish and echo out and not just get cut off.
Are you talking about midi?
TKO Ken Offline
Giant Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

naaaa
diagobd2 Offline

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad I went and bought a Quadraverb for nothing but, live and learn.

Quick Reply      
Use this form to post a quick reply without having to go through the normal reply process.    

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Recording Project Forum Index -> Signal Processing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: