The Recording Project Forum Index -> RP Special Events

FAQ Search Photo Album!
 Voxfest V
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Dafduc Offline
DafDuckling

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A mono amp is fine, and as many mic stands as you can spare - I only have 2 or 3. I could see using up to a dozen. And the Randall should be fine - as long as it can keep up with a hard-hit drumkit. Might actually help keep the levels down. Though Charva says he's only in it for the volume.

The road to hell is paved with the bones of priests and lined with the skulls of bishops.

- St. John Chrysostom
Charva Offline
Giant Member

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buck62 wrote:
Charva wrote:
I'll have to leave early Saturday morning for Voxfest and will have to return home Sunday afternoon.

I can't get Friday/Monday off at work so it's a short and sweet visit fo me Sad

Dave

Dave, just leave on Friday evening after work. I guarantee we'll still be awake and gathered around the bonfire no matter what time you arrive.

Whadda ya gettin' old or something?

Just get there ASAP and crack open a cold Molson when you arrive. It's okay if you have one with your bacon and eggs.

It's exactly what I was thinking too!

I guess I'll bring the HR Deville and I also have a mic and stand and cable.

It's only around a 4 hour drive from here Buck. Hopefully I'll arrive before dark. I'm scared of the dark Wink

Dave

seanmorse Offline
Giant Member

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dafduc wrote:
A mono amp is fine, and as many mic stands as you can spare - I only have 2 or 3. I could see using up to a dozen. And the Randall should be fine - as long as it can keep up with a hard-hit drumkit. Might actually help keep the levels down. Though Charva says he's only in it for the volume.

Cool. I'll bring the mono amp and as many stands as I can grab (prolly 5 or 6). The Randall holds up with a kit pretty well, indoors anyway (never tried it outdoors).

I aughtta be there early enough for beer & eggs.

2lim Offline

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sean........ Bring the randall, we can use it inside. I was gonna bring my bassman combo(1x15) for indoors, but if you bring the randall, then i will bring my G-K RB400 and yorkville 4X10 for outdoors. I will try to bring some mics and stands too..... but i am gonna be loaded down with my bass, bass rig, drums, myke, and myke's guitar.

Simon
Buck62 Offline

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dafduc wrote:
Buck62 wrote:

I'll be there.

What about the drums?

Do you still need my set?

Yes please.

I guess I should bring 'em back from the studio some time soon and get some practice then. Let me apologize in advance for my rusty suckieness!! Laughing
Buck62 Offline

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jennifah wrote:
yanno that means I will have to pack 20 outfits and ten different pairs of shoes LOL

and a case of Tim-Tams!!!! Cool
Doug H Offline
Giant Member

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charva wrote:
I'll have to leave early Saturday morning for Voxfest and will have to return home Sunday afternoon.

I can't get Friday/Monday off at work so it's a short and sweet visit fo me Sad

Dave

that's barely long enough for one take of Cortez !?!
Doug H Offline
Giant Member

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dafduc wrote:
Man, it's great your coming!!! Any chance of dragging vestast or satchmo with you?

Vestast ain't coming this year? dunno about satchmo, I'll send them some pms Smile
Dafduc Offline
DafDuckling

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't heard from vestast. Last I saw was a SAS thread over at HR, he's trying to turn over a new leaf. Hope he's okay.

Always plenty of coffee at Voxfest. And I have an espresso maker now, but haven't learned how to use it yet.

The road to hell is paved with the bones of priests and lined with the skulls of bishops.

- St. John Chrysostom
Jennifah Offline

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think that you need to put the lid on this one?
Jennifah Offline

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahahahahahaha
Dafduc Offline
DafDuckling

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just thinking about that.

- St. John Chrysostom
rats Offline

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm spending the weekend with my girls but we'll stop in at some point and say what's up. Looking forward to seeing all you crazy bastards and bitches.
The user name and fictional online character rats, rats words in the form of posts to this bbs, and media rats posts to this bbs in all forms are the intellectual property of this user and may not be copied, quoted, covered, slandered, mentioned, used, or otherwise manipulated without the expressed permission of this user. All rights reserved...
Žatsco inc.
seanmorse Offline
Giant Member

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shite!! The Randall fell through. It's a studio loaner that my band uses, and the bass player has a gig booked. Anybody have a bass amp they can bring?
Dafduc Offline
DafDuckling

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can disconnect the Ashdown from the Hammond.

Sad

If we must. Probably no Daffy-kicking-the-bass-pedals then, though.

- St. John Chrysostom
Dafduc Offline
DafDuckling

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rats wrote:
I'm spending the weekend with my girls but we'll stop in at some point and say what's up. Looking forward to seeing all you crazy bastards and bitches.

Yay! And spritey?

- St. John Chrysostom
rats Offline

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dafduc wrote:
rats wrote:

Yay! And spritey?

Maybe, but I wouldn't count on it.

The user name and fictional online character rats, rats words in the form of posts to this bbs, and media rats posts to this bbs in all forms are the intellectual property of this user and may not be copied, quoted, covered, slandered, mentioned, used, or otherwise manipulated without the expressed permission of this user. All rights reserved...
Žatsco inc.
2lim Offline

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey DAF! I will bring both my amps!!!! Keep your rig how you want it!

Simon
Dafduc Offline
DafDuckling

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx Simon!

- St. John Chrysostom
2lim Offline

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm one quick question. What should I tell them at the border when I bring a full band's worth of gear with me? Any tips?

Simon
rats Offline

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2lim wrote:
Umm one quick question. What should I tell them at the border when I bring a full band's worth of gear with me? Any tips?

Simon

Pray to whatever gods you pray to. It depends on the CBP inspector you get. Technically, although very rarely they can make you either a) make entry on the goods, b) bring the goods in "in bond". Either of which requires a broker, and payment of duty unless you have a temporary work visa which you wont. The broker will also want payment for their services at that time. I have talked to several Canadian bands coming into the US, and this is the hassle they sometimes get, although usually not. This was also back before the ramp up on homeland security. If you get a hard ass inspector that doesn't believe you're going to visit a friend for the weekend and jam, like he thinks you might be a band coming in to play a show, or possibly even thieves coming in to sell stolen Canadian goods in the US, he might be a dick. By profession I'm a Customs broker and I worked at the Ambassador Bridge inspection facilty for four years.

My suggestion is to a) travel light, pack equipment modestly. The less you bring, the less likely you are to cause questions or suspicion. And b) document everything you can - Create a spreadsheet listing all the gear you are bringing with the value of the equipment, the serial numbers, and the country the goods were made in. This may seem like a pain in the ass, but it doesn't take that long, but that specific thing - documentation, is the language US Customs and Border Protection speaks in. If you have that, and you happen to meet Inspector Dickwad, produce it and all of a sudden you're cool. Also, print out a thread or an email or something explaining what it is your coming to the US for, with dafduc's address and phone number on it. Paperwork of any kind helps.

Chances are no one will say shit regardless, but there is always a risk, I have seen it. There is always the potential that you could get here, get a hassle, and it turns into a situation where it's not worth it to cross the border. You don't want that. If you follow my suggestions above you'll drastically minimize the chances of that happening.

Žatsco inc.
Jennifah Offline

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and yet you can take pork over the border.
Dafduc Offline
DafDuckling

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dafduc wrote:

We're down to 3 ducks. Sad

We've added a puppy to our family, Jeannette, half coon hound / half border collie. So watch your step!!!

Two ducks now. Sad. The geese were by a few days ago, looks like they're considering an invasion. No sign of the crane that used to own the pond.

And that is one psycho-ass vampire puppy. Dayum!!!

- St. John Chrysostom
2lim Offline

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rats...... For packing modestly, it will be tough. I have to bring a drum kit, two bass amps, and two guitars(my bass, myke's guit). Maybe I will need Daf to break down the hammond rig? Also Daf....... can you e-mail an invitation? Soething with my name on it, your name on it, and your adress on it? That way I can print that off!

Simon
Doug H Offline
Giant Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2lim wrote:

Simon

Get Daf's real name, they might ask you who the heck you are going over to visit, last year at the border I was like "ummm...er...dafduc?"
Quick Reply      
Use this form to post a quick reply without having to go through the normal reply process.    

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Recording Project Forum Index -> RP Special Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Jump to: