Disciple of Gidge
Joined: 26 Jun 2003
Location: Bozeman, MT
|Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 9:37 am Post subject: Policy for Company Reps and Business Owners
| Our take on SPAM around here is very strict. We not only frown upon obvious "Buy my product!" SPAM, but also more subtle, perhaps even unintentional approaches to SPAMming.
This post applies to anyone who is directly affiliated with any company or entity that provides products or professional services related to audio production or reproduction.
1) You *must* identify your affiliation in your signature. For instance:
Super Monitors, Inc.
2) You MAY answer objective questions about your product or service. This includes comparisons with other products in YOUR COMPANY'S LINE.
3) You may not recommend your product or post links to your website. The only exception to this rule is if someone is asking specifically about a product in your line, and you feel that a different product would better suit their *specific* needs.
4) You must refrain from posting your opinion about your product as it compares to other products on the market. We know that this is a toughy, but your status comes with a special responsibility to the members of a free community such as this.
5) Please refrain from posting announcements about your company, products, or services. You may, however, email RP and we might post it as a news topic.
6) Please notice the Dealer Ads forum, where you are allowed one free advertisement per month. Be sure to read the guidelines posted in that forum.
The Recording Project has bills to pay, and you shouldn't expect make money from our losses. If you would like to advertise on the site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll work out something that is mutually beneficial.
The Recording Project Staff
Ancient Chinese secret, huh?!
"The object of this invention is to record in permanent characters the human voice and other sounds, from which characters such sounds may be reproduced and rendered audible again at a future time." U.S. Patent No. 200,521, Feb. 19, 1878.