You must log in or register to post. Registration is free! [ Register ]

The Recording Project Forum Index -> Brass, Woodwinds, Strings and everything else!

FAQ Search Photo Album!
 OK, sax players...we don't need you anymore....
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Trojka Offline
DafDuckling

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:15 am    Post subject: OK, sax players...we don't need you anymore.... Reply with quote

At Musikmesse Celemony Software and Ueberschall are presenting a series of highly original virtual instruments, each bearing the word 'Liquid' in the title. The first in the series is the Liquid Sax, which offers a multitude of saxophone phrases that you can adapt using the integrated Melodyne technology to create songs of your own. Further instruments are due to follow shortly.

Liquid Sax contains many hundreds of first-class saxophone phrases, the pitch, tempo and timing of which you can adapt to your own requirements using Melodyne's unique function set. The samples benefit from the exceptional sound quality of the Melodyne engine and nothing of the feel, expression or phrasing of the human performance is lost.

This was not the case in the past. Until now, all that was possible was the time-stretching or pitch-shifting of entire phrases and these were inevitably accompanied by artefacts and tonal discolouration. With the Liquid series, on the other hand, you can change even individual notes within a phrase at will, without this being in any way detrimental to the quality and character of the sound. This can even be done automatically - Liquid simply picks up the tempo from the sequencer and (as early as the auditioning phase) adjusts the files to fit.

Through the combination of first-class samples and the unique Melodyne functions, the phrases and licks can be combined in a myriad of ways and adapted to a wide range of applications. These can range from deft fills and licks to the creation of entire solos. The selection of samples covers all styles of music, playing techniques and tone colours. And there's more good news for Melodyne users: the samples can be loaded into Melodyne for additional editing.

Samples

My album Tijd
Trojka Offline
DafDuckling

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer the liquidest of saxes, and the liquidest of sax players...Steve 'Lt. Bob' Hutter.

My album Tijd
Dafduc Offline
DafDuckling

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melodyne's on my short list of shit to get before the year's out. But I'm thinking I'll pass on Liquid Sax. At least til I've worked more with my VL-70m.

The road to hell is paved with the bones of priests and lined with the skulls of bishops.

- St. John Chrysostom
Hotz Offline
Giant Member

AIM Address MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So that's what you do for a living, Trojka? Trying to put all of us honest working professional musicians out of a job? Replace us all with machines? Huh? You can't outsouce musicians, you know! And I thought I respected you!
Themarduk900 Offline
Amazing Member

AIM Address

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hotz wrote:
So that's what you do for a living, Trojka? Trying to put all of us honest working professional musicians out of a job? Replace us all with machines? Huh? You can't outsouce musicians, you know! And I thought I respected you!

HAHAHA!!!

But yeah, this is pretty cool. What is melodyne though? Never heard of it...

Dafduc Offline
DafDuckling

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Celemony Melodyne is like Autotune on steroids. Really about melody line manipulation, rather than just fixing pitches. And formants are modifiable too.

The road to hell is paved with the bones of priests and lined with the skulls of bishops.

- St. John Chrysostom
rhythmchanges Offline

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, maybe your whattzit sounds better than me and costs less... but I'll bet I can drink it under the table! *winks*
Lt. Bob Offline
On a Break

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If other sax players can't take my gig ...... I doubt a 'pretend' sax is going to.
Plus, as rhythmchanges pointed out ...... a good horn player has to be able to drink a lot.

Wink

Quick Reply      
Use this form to post a quick reply without having to go through the normal reply process.    

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Recording Project Forum Index -> Brass, Woodwinds, Strings and everything else! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: