You must log in or register to post. Registration is free! [ Register ]

The Recording Project Forum Index -> The Listening Room

FAQ Search Photo Album!
 Problems Uploading With IE?
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Slackmaster2K Offline
Disciple of Gidge

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Problems Uploading With IE? Reply with quote

Don't pay any attention to the status bar in Internet Explorer when you're uploading a file. It might get to the end and start over again during the upload. This does not mean that your file is being re-uploaded or that anything else is wrong. It just means that IE is a little dumb.

Also, don't underestimate how long it can take to upload a file, even on broadband. Most "high speed" connections have severely crippled upload rates. Often 256kbps, which in real life will probably be more like 192kbps (or worse). In other words, it can take a 30-60 seconds per megabyte or more to upload a file no matter how awesome your download speed is. If you're on dialup...well, don't be suprised if it takes 10 minutes per meg or more.

On a personal note, I would strongly recommend switching from Internet Explorer to Mozilla Firefox. The site looks and handles better in Firefox, and I feel personally that it is just a superior browser in many ways.

"The object of this invention is to record in permanent characters the human voice and other sounds, from which characters such sounds may be reproduced and rendered audible again at a future time." U.S. Patent No. 200,521, Feb. 19, 1878.
Scott Tansley Offline

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey O. Just dropped in. Been a year and a bit. Timed out. Better get rockn again ay mate. Will post some stuff soon. I hope.
audioboy Offline

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gotta problem,
want to submit a topic with attached mp3 (smaller than 7 mb) but nothing happens when i submit it.
any help?
Slackmaster2K Offline
Disciple of Gidge

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, something should happen. What exactly do you mean by "nothing"? Does it timeout trying to send?

"The object of this invention is to record in permanent characters the human voice and other sounds, from which characters such sounds may be reproduced and rendered audible again at a future time." U.S. Patent No. 200,521, Feb. 19, 1878.
audioboy Offline

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanx,
i got it now.
took a little time Embarassed
bye
Quick Reply      
Use this form to post a quick reply without having to go through the normal reply process.    

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Recording Project Forum Index -> The Listening Room All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: