You must log in or register to post. Registration is free! [ Register ]

The Recording Project Forum Index -> Collaborations

FAQ Search Photo Album!
 Endless Love (Cover)
View previous topic :: View next topic 
gaz7224 Offline

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject: Endless Love (Cover) Reply with quote

Hi,

I have an idea. I have a friend in Canada who sings. I'm visiting her in August. The other day, she asked me if we could record 'Endless Love'. Her BF, who I've known for years and years, has just bought Cubase and an interface, and I think they wanna try and use it. I'm not sure when my place will be ready, so I'm wondering if it could be done as an on-line collaboration, just for a bit of fun.

The only thing I play is faders, but I think the song would work well as an acoustic country song. Maybe 2 acoustic guitars and a pedal steel. The original is a duet, but it could work with one singer and then have the steel as a 'fill in' for the second singer. Then the one acoustic guitar playing a simple pick/slow arpeggio pattern, with the second guitar adding fills and mirroring/flirting with the main melody.

Here's the original: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP7m5VqQ6f8

Here's a guitar cover: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5Z0Ihh6nc4

Do you think it would work as an acoustic country solo song? Composition is not my strong point.

As I say, it is only for fun. I'm only after some rough tracks to start with, so I can see if it'll work really.

Thanks for any interest.

Gaz
teek Offline
Amazing Member

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello , Gaz . my name is Tez.

i like the acoustic guitar , in the link u have to YouTube ,

go for it, sounds like you have friends who want to get into music , and want you to help them , Thumb Up

Quick Reply      
Use this form to post a quick reply without having to go through the normal reply process.    

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Recording Project Forum Index -> Collaborations All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: