You must log in or register to post. Registration is free! [ Register ]

The Recording Project Forum Index -> DAW Software

FAQ Search Photo Album!
 Other - My first Reaper question.
View previous topic :: View next topic 
DimChandeliers Offline

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:37 am    Post subject: My first Reaper question. Reply with quote

I'm using the NI Guitar Rig vst to record my guitar parts by inserting "virtual instrument in new track".

Question: I want to , somehow, render it as a "finished" audio track so it no longer has the vst routing. How do i do that?
Porter Offline
Head Honcho

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, there are 2 options. 'Freeze' or 'Render'. Both options are in the same menu. Right click on a track in the Track Control Panel (left hand side of the screen), choose one of the options from the 'Render/freeze tracks' option.

Freeze will make a render of the track which when played back will play the temporary render of the file, so you can 'unfreeze' and adjust setting later.

Render actually renders another track with all effects/instruments applied and muts the original tracks.

For the Render to not use CPU cycles, make sure in preferences in the 'Audio' section you have a check in the 'Do not process muted tracks (muted tracks take no CPU time, etc)' option.

That's for the whole track. You can apply track FX (ie VSTi's) to singular items if you right click on them and choose the 'apply track fx to items as new take', but in doing that, if you have say an EQ on that track, you would have to bypass it to save the CPU cycles.

Hope that all makes sense,

Daniel

DimChandeliers Offline

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it. Thanks Daniel.

Initially, I couldn't figure out why my Guitar rig tracks sounded so noisy. I didn't realize that the playback was running thru the Rig and getting the process doubled! Talk about overkill.
Quick Reply      
Use this form to post a quick reply without having to go through the normal reply process.    

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Recording Project Forum Index -> DAW Software All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: