You must log in or register to post. Registration is free! [ Register ]

The Recording Project Forum Index -> Songwriters

FAQ Search Photo Album!
 Hi I am looking for a partner
View previous topic :: View next topic 
jackie443 Offline

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:26 am    Post subject: Hi I am looking for a partner Reply with quote

Hi, I am new here. I have been righting lyrics in my spare time (car line) and I have seven songs written so far. I received a contract for my lyrics from Nashville. They liked my work, but I can not afford the demo fees. I am looking for melodist/ music writer to work with me.
FrankenStrat Offline
Ultra Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jackie, post your lyrics in the Collaborations Forum and ask if anyone would like to have a go at setting them to music. There aren't as many people round here like there used to be, but you may strike gold. Good luck!
joro Offline

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi I am looking for a partner Reply with quote

jackie443 wrote:
I received a contract for my lyrics from Nashville. They liked my work, but I can not afford the demo fees. I am looking for melodist/ music writer to work with me.

Smells like a scam to me.....what's the name of the company offering you a contract?

BobWheatley Offline

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi I am looking for a partner Reply with quote

jackie443 wrote:
Hi, I am new here. I have been righting lyrics in my spare time (car line) and I have seven songs written so far. I received a contract for my lyrics from Nashville. They liked my work, but I can not afford the demo fees. I am looking for melodist/ music writer to work with me.

Good luck.
stainless Offline
Ultra Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'd be wary of someone offering their services, in exchange for you paying for the 'demo fees'. A label truly interested would pair YOU (as a lyricist)_ with a composer, and they'd foot the bill.

Do you sing?

Frankenstrats suggestion is a good one, but don't be alarmed or disappointed if response is low. What you're asking is an investment of time and effort.

and if someone does collaborate... then what? do you promote, does he/she?

I don't mean to be harsh, but the music industry is truly a dog-eat-dog affair. Do you understand copyright (if not ...and if you're serious, do yourself a favor and get to know it!)

Do you live in a larger area of population? If so, look for someone to team with a 'lyricist". You're much better off if you can sit/work directly with a musician (guitar is good, piano may perhaps be better) If you don't sing, find a vocalist... it's hard to sell songs with just a printed chart

I don't inn anyway mean to dissuade you, but if this was easy, there'd be thousands upon thousands of songwriters, lyricists, composer, jingle writers employed

there are "studios" that thrive on wanna-be's (not that you're one, but be aware

signed... the butterfly of happiness Very Happy

I wish I could be traded like a penny in the arcade for a token to be played
on a cello strung with strings that are my dreams

Check out our music at http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/stainlessbrown[/url]
Quick Reply      
Use this form to post a quick reply without having to go through the normal reply process.    

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Recording Project Forum Index -> Songwriters All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: