You must log in or register to post. Registration is free! [ Register ]

The Recording Project Forum Index -> RP Special Events

FAQ Search Photo Album!
 play it again...daf-fest?!?!
View previous topic :: View next topic 
dafs_daughter Offline

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject: play it again...daf-fest?!?! Reply with quote

Sorry I'm a little late on the memo this year. Its been a bit hectic. Mrs Daf would like to extend an invitation to everyone for Memorial Day weekend. You all have brought us great memories every year, and we want to see who is up for it again. As always food will be provided. And space is not a problem. Hope to see you all in May. Let me know if you think you can make it...

On a personal note Mom could really use a distraction. I was diagnosed two weeks ago with stage 2 hodgkins lymphoma. I started chemo last week and we are all looking forward to the distraction of the festivities and the company of those who loved music as much as Dad.
2lim Offline

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will do my best to attend, as always. no guarantees about who I can drag with me though(as always, I will attempt to bring a new face, and a new vehicle lol). If I don't make it, I will try and sneak a visit down there anyways, as it isn't too far!
dafs_daughter Offline

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is still on the calendar for those who are interested. Thanks Simon for your interest as always. Can't wait to see what vehicle pulls up this year..your more than welcome anytime.

Anyother potential attendees you are more than welcome too...
rats Offline

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I know I posted yesterday, wrote up a long response and forgot to hit submit. Sad

Jess, I'm sorry for taking so long to get back. You may have heard some of the things we're dealing with here but in any case its been pretty hectic. Rachael and I are very sorry to hear about your sickness, you are in our thoughts and hearts.

We will make every attempt to get up there this year. If the RP group of people are coming we'll shoot for the weekend thing and if its only the family we'll still come up and camp out at least overnight Saturday and come back Sunday.

The user name and fictional online character rats, rats words in the form of posts to this bbs, and media rats posts to this bbs in all forms are the intellectual property of this user and may not be copied, quoted, covered, slandered, mentioned, used, or otherwise manipulated without the expressed permission of this user. All rights reserved...
家tsco inc.
dafs_daughter Offline

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hectic is a good word for it. Crazy might be more fitting, at least on my end. Simon seems to be all in, then there's us and the rest of the famdamly. Whenever you can make it is great. I totally understand where you are coming from. I have treatment that friday so im hoping it doesn't shoot the whole weekend for me. Can't wait to see you guys...
2lim Offline

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat and I are in for the weekend. We will shoot for Friday and Saturday night, and leave Sunday. We may have to do Saturday night and leave Sunday though. I am gonna see who else I can drag out there too. We will bring some gear, and hopefully have some good jams.

Hope to see you all!

Simon
dispelled_myths Offline
Can't speel Title

Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there all...

I will definitely try to get there for the weekend...which weekend is Memorial Day down there?

dobro Offline
more personal tittle

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CANADIAN!
2lim Offline

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave it is the weekend after our holiday weekend.... I think lol.
rats Offline

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK we're looking good for Friday and Saturday night (27, 2Cool ! Looking forward to seeing you all! If there is something I need to bring let me know. We're going to try and bring a bigger tent this time, and one with poles.
The user name and fictional online character rats, rats words in the form of posts to this bbs, and media rats posts to this bbs in all forms are the intellectual property of this user and may not be copied, quoted, covered, slandered, mentioned, used, or otherwise manipulated without the expressed permission of this user. All rights reserved...
家tsco inc.
rats Offline

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like how when you post twenty eight at the end paren it reads 2Cool. Too cool.
家tsco inc.
dobro Offline
more personal tittle

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(2Cool
rats Offline

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone eat chilli?

Hmm. Talked to Kim yesterday and she wants to extend the welcome to anyone that would like to join! The drum set is there from last year (Simon roxx) and there's apparently also a PA that David left last year. Guitar and bass amps, and talent seem all needed there! I personally seriously need a break and I am so looking forward to this. There's been a lot of rain here this week so I'm thinking it might be a little soggy around the pond but we'll see.

家tsco inc.
2lim Offline

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I can swing a bass amp and a bass. Pat is back and forth as he is having some family troubles. If he can make it, then I am sure he can bring a guit and an amp.

I am an avid chili eater....

Simon
dafs_daughter Offline

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K we've started making food. Can't wait to see everyone. Looks like the rain will disappear for the weekend. That's what the weatherman said anyway. Moms asked that we do not drive to our campsites, mostly so no one gets stuck.

See everyone soon...
2lim Offline

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not know when I am heading down, or how long I am staying. It looks like I am coming alone, and as a result I may just bring my acoustic guitar. See you all when I get there!
dafs_daughter Offline

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emergency**we have to cancel. There has been a family emergency. If this is to be rescheduled we will let you know.

Im so sorry...
rats Offline

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friends, this is very bad news. Jennifer passed away this morning. I do not have any details yet as to the cause, however the family is all in Detroit now. I hope that anyone that is or was planning on traveling in will check in here before heading out because no one will be there. Unfortunately I don't have your numbers Simon and Dave. My number is 248-224-0777. Feel free to call. If you end up in Emmett and have a way to check in here feel free to call and you are welcome to join us in Royal Oak for the evening.

This is heartbreaking news, the family has been through so much. I'm personally having a hard time processing this all right now. Anyone that has attended these get togthers in Emmett would have met Jen, she is Jay and Kim's niece. She's a very friendly person with a fantastic laugh. She always has been there camping out with her brother Chris and her boyfriend Christian, and mom Deb - Kim's sister. This is really really sad. Hopefully no one has left yet.

家tsco inc.
soulmusic Offline

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, you guys have been thru so much. My heart is with you Kim, Jess and family.

Sad Crying or Very sad
skulpter Offline
Giant Member

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so sorry to hear this. I have no words, other than to say that Kim & family are in our prayers, and that we're sending positive energy up that way.
Buck62 Offline

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so sorry to hear this. Crying or Very sad

Kim and family, you are all in my prayers.

God bless.

Quick Reply      
Use this form to post a quick reply without having to go through the normal reply process.    

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Recording Project Forum Index -> RP Special Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: