You must log in or register to post. Registration is free! [ Register ]

The Recording Project Forum Index -> New to Recording?

FAQ Search Photo Album!
 CueMix FX for the MOTU Microbook?
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Jodi Krangle Offline

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:38 pm    Post subject: CueMix FX for the MOTU Microbook? Reply with quote

Hi guys. Been a while since I've been around here, but you were the first folks I thought of when I ran into a bit of an issue with my new MOTU Microbook. I'm not an audio techy at all though I know a fair bit about computers. My questions are mainly about setting up the Microbook with its included software, CueMix FX - so that I can record one mono voice track.

To give you some further information on my set up, I'm on a PC with Windows 7 32 bit Enterprise edition, and I'm using a Rode NT1-A mic with Adobe Audition 3.0 .

First off, I'm having a bit of an issue with being able to monitor through my headphones as I'm recording. I can figure out how to do that, but I have to switch things around to then hear the recording once I've made it. Is this usual? Or is there a setting where I'll be able to monitor through the headphones as I'm recording *and* hear the playback once I'm done?

Secondly, how far should I push the "Trim" level before it gets to be too much? Just for the mic? I usually normalize to -3 DB - but if I can *record* at that level with the proper gain, is that better?

And lastly, do any of you have any suggestions on some settings in the EQ and Dynamics portion of this software that might work well with the female voice? I admit that I'm more than a little lost when it comes to the various settings, but I don't want to go too far overboard with the pre-recording effects as I usually add a bit in post.

Any help you could pass along would be HUGELY appreciated. And my apologies if this is in the wrong forum! If it is, feel free to move it to where it belongs.

Thanks!

All the best, -- Jodi

Quick Reply      
Use this form to post a quick reply without having to go through the normal reply process.    

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Recording Project Forum Index -> New to Recording? All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: