You must log in or register to post. Registration is free! [ Register ]

The Recording Project Forum Index -> New to Recording?

FAQ Search Photo Album!
 Aligning left and right channels
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Stitch Offline

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:13 am    Post subject: Aligning left and right channels Reply with quote

Can anyone help. I have two mono wav recordings that I want to align with each other and once aligned, cereate a stereo wav file with one of the mono file on the left channel and the other on the right channel. Can any one assist in how I achieve this in Audition3
Lt. Bob Offline
On a Break

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do everything in the analog realm so I don't have a clue but hopefully someone will be along shortly that does know.
FrankenStrat Offline
Ultra Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not impossible but immensely fiddly. You will need to align the tracks with absolute precision, I have no idea how to achieve this in Audition, but once you've imported both mono tracks onto seperate audio tracks, if you can zoom into the tracks it will give you a better chance of lining up the transients.

You'll probably have to nudge and nudge the second mono track until it lines up with the first track with the minimal noticable mis-alignment. You may have to split the second track at strategic points to re-align if there is a tendency to drift out of synch. Audition *may* have an audio stretch tool that could possibly help.

When you've achieved perfect synch you can then bounce both tracks to a single stereo track.

Quick Reply      
Use this form to post a quick reply without having to go through the normal reply process.    

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Recording Project Forum Index -> New to Recording? All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: