You must log in or register to post. Registration is free! [ Register ]

The Recording Project Forum Index -> Sampling / Sequencing / MIDI

FAQ Search Photo Album!
 Guitar MIDI Controller for Reason
View previous topic :: View next topic 
meandmysky Offline

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Guitar MIDI Controller for Reason Reply with quote

hi...

is it possible to use guitar pick up MIDI controller for example rolland GK to control Propelerhead Reason?

i'm using Mac, so how to set all that device?
only plug GK to audio card via MIDI IO and then easy load that controller in Reason preferences... or have to add some device?

and could i control it directly from line in guitar? i remember my friend (..have lost contact with him :p) he just plug an electric guitar without midi pick up and with some experiment in audiocard IO he could control reason with his guitar...

thx for answer
The Online Audio School Offline

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: MIDI Guitar Reply with quote

You'll need to go out of the GK into a device that can covert the GK multipin outputs into MIDI messages. The GK pickup itself doesn't do that! The Hex pickup takes a discreet signal from each string, but to my knowledge, this is simply an audio run. You'll need a dedicated processor to covert audio to MIDI. I love my GK2 (now there's the GK3). With a bit of tweaking (to both your guitar and your playing style) you can do a lot with Reason, or any other MIDI controllable software/hardware.

Dan
The Online Audio School
Quick Reply      
Use this form to post a quick reply without having to go through the normal reply process.    

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Recording Project Forum Index -> Sampling / Sequencing / MIDI All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: