You must log in or register to post. Registration is free! [ Register ]

The Recording Project Forum Index -> Effects & Virtual Instruments

FAQ Search Photo Album!
 bass midi track problems
View previous topic :: View next topic 
scorpionscar Offline

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:29 pm    Post subject: bass midi track problems Reply with quote

Hi, I've programmed a bass line in guitar pro.The nine first bars have slides in one string, everything seems to be allright, I export the file as MIDI in order to open it in Nuendo for applying the track a virtual bass, in this case, Nuendo's vb-1, but the slides don't sound, only the notes without effect, however if you look at the level meter and it works, but the notes with the slide effect don't sound.Could someone tell me what is wrong?? do I need a map or something similar??

Scorpionscar
scorpionscar Offline

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no one is going to help me??
scrubs Offline
Giant Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, as I don't generally program bass parts, but the VB-1 is a pretty simplistic VSTi. Maybe it can't do slides? You might try another bass VSTi. The George Yohng 4Front Bass sounds kinda cool and is free. Don't know if it does slides, either, but worth a try. http://www.yohng.com/bass.html

Alternately, can you just export the file from guitar pro as a .wav/.aiff and bypass the other VSTi?

Dalinkwent48 Offline

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with scrubs...could just not be a capable plug and doesnt have a slide pattern on the midi map...could even be the octave that the bass is in....i programmed a midi bass track one time without slides and put it into my mix and out of no where i had slides in it...i changed the effect and nudged it up an octave and the slides dissapeared...still not too sure how it happened though lol
Quick Reply      
Use this form to post a quick reply without having to go through the normal reply process.    

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Recording Project Forum Index -> Effects & Virtual Instruments All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: