You must log in or register to post. Registration is free! [ Register ]

The Recording Project Forum Index -> Consoles and Routing

FAQ Search Photo Album!
 how to connect a effects unit to a mixer!!
View previous topic :: View next topic 
scorpionscar Offline

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:13 am    Post subject: how to connect a effects unit to a mixer!! Reply with quote

Hi, I have a boss GX-700 guitar effect proccesor and a Behringer 1204 FX mixer.The problem is that I can't get the suitable effects because I think that there is a problem with the conncections, output levels or problems with the controls of the mixer.Could someone tell me how to achieve the right connections and deal with the mixer knobs in order to get the effects??

I'm only interested in add reverb to the guitar channel.I'd like to have the possibility of decide what amount of reverb add to this channel.

I upload a image of both the rear panel of the processor and the mixer.

Conexiones.jpg

jake-O.W.A. Offline

Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aux send 2 to FX unit (boss) input 1, FX outs L and R to aux return 2 L and R. Then you use your #2 aux send knob to send some of the guitar to the FX unit (make sure your unit is set to 100% wet signal, no dry mix) and use the aux return 2 knob to bring the signal back into your mix. Use the handy little button to send that effected signal to the main mix for mixdown or to channels 3 and 4 for additional processing, eq etc.
scorpionscar Offline

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot.Sorry but I don't understand "make sure your unit is set to 100% wet signal, no dry mix" I'm a newbie at this issues.How do I deal with this, is in the mixer or effects procesor?
scorpionscar Offline

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please help, I don't understand how to set the effect 100% wet in the mixer, I've never used a mixer before.
jake-O.W.A. Offline

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I say 100% wet I am talking about your effects unit. Some FX will have a mix stage where you can mix the original "dry" signal with the effected "wet" signal which is just the sound of the effects. Usually it will be within the individual effects program menus but some units have a knob or button to access that parameter on the front panel. The reason you want 100% wet signal is that you are mixing the wet with the dry in your aux bus so adding a (dry/wet) to a (dry) will get your two dry signals chorusing or phase cancelling each other. Making sure your aux bus is 100% wet means you can mix that in the mixer to your dry, say guitar, track with no strange artifacts, or boxy sounding phase cancellation.

Hope this helps.

scorpionscar Offline

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I understand.Thank you for your help.I've been looking into my effects processor and there is not the possibility of setting reverb 100% wet.The only parameter that in my opinion aproaches to this is within reverb programme a parameter called "Direct".Could it be right?
jake-O.W.A. Offline

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe, do you have the manual? It should be pretty easy to hear if you set it on a delay, you will not hear the note played but only the delayed sound.
Quick Reply      
Use this form to post a quick reply without having to go through the normal reply process.    

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Recording Project Forum Index -> Consoles and Routing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: