Musician's Friend Stupid Deal of the Day

You must log in or register to post. Registration is free! [ Register ]

The Recording Project Forum Index -> Stand-Alone Digital Recorders

FAQ Search Photo Album!
 AW16G
View previous topic :: View next topic 
xdavidandrewx Offline

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: AW16G Reply with quote

I just came across a aw16g. I was hoping maybe i could get some sound clips and some opinions about this. Ive never used stand alones but recently had to sell all my recording equipment and my unlce had this laying around his lab Smile Well anything u guys got would help
gfh Offline
RP Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're fine. They're only 16/44, and the preamps aren't the best, but mine worked pretty well as stand-alones go. I only got rid of it because I was using it for mobile recording, and it would take me forever to get the tracks into a PC for editing since its only digital out was SPDIF and I'd have to dump two tracks at a time in real time. I imagine if you're using mixing in it, it would be fine, I'm just not a big stand-alone fan, personally.

But it sounds like you have a line on a free one and nothing else to record with, so that kind of trumps anyone's opinion on the unit. I'd say just dive into it and get recording.
jake-O.W.A. Offline

Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, if I could go back to my cassette 4 track days and read this post about someone who has a free digital 16 track recorder I would puke on my keyboard.

It's 16 tracks of recorder and mix effects in the box! It rules. Why don't you post the sound clip?

xdavidandrewx Offline

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: yes and yes Reply with quote

I just spent a good 4-5 hours working with this. I used a firepod with sonor 5 producer and this is much easier to get stuff down at fast pace im really enjoying this. I onyl have aone mic right and did a few acoustic tracks and am really having fun with this. Nice change from pulling my hair out infront of my computer.
xdavidandrewx Offline

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: also Reply with quote

I also found a great site awinspire.com very good tutorials and forums.
deadmansrum Offline

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought a Zoom HD16. I love it, it has the cleanest sound I have ever heard in a stand alone.
Quick Reply      
Use this form to post a quick reply without having to go through the normal reply process.    

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Recording Project Forum Index -> Stand-Alone Digital Recorders All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  

Free Shipping on all orders over $99.