You must log in or register to post. Registration is free! [ Register ]

The Recording Project Forum Index -> Sampling / Sequencing / MIDI

FAQ Search Photo Album!
 Samples for Live and Recording
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Roopa Offline

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Samples for Live and Recording Reply with quote

Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to know something about recording samples and using them for live purposes. Let's just say the bulk of your songs are hybrid songs, which contain a lot of drum samples and effects. More specifically we use Reason a lot to make drum loops and samples. Then those get Rewired into Pro Tools. Once they're recorded and mixed is it a good idea to use the recorded and mixed samples for live purposes? We have a Roland X6 that we import samples into and want to use to play the samples live. Is there a different type of eq'ing that would need to be done? Input is very much appreciated.
FrederickRM Offline
Amazing Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I do this sort of thing I use the mixed tracks and dump them CD, usually as high quality MP3 so I can fit a whole NIGHTs worth of tunes on one disk. THen I either use my laptop or diskman to play them back. I carry 3 copies with me and use high grade CDs too. The laptop is nice cause I can make a play list but some of the newer mp3 player let you do that too. Of course now my wife has an Ipod tyoe of thingy that holds 6GB so I could easily fit a whole night with extra on that beasty, take the CD for backup. Lots of ways you can do it. Of course with these small cables you always have the chance of them breaking so carry spares.

Or keep on doing it your way, which is fine. I'm just to the point the less I have to carry the better.

Quick Reply      
Use this form to post a quick reply without having to go through the normal reply process.    

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Recording Project Forum Index -> Sampling / Sequencing / MIDI All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: